In the past decade there has been a dramatic interest in cosmetic dentistry. We all realize that having a healthy, bright, beautiful smile enhances our appearance and allows us to smile with confidence. Thanks to the advances in modern cosmetic dentistry, we are able to improve the appearance of our teeth and smiles with various treatments.
Cosmetic dental treatments can:
- Change the size, shape, and alignment of certain teeth.
- Fill in unattractive spaces between teeth.
- Improve or correct bites.
- Lighten or brighten the color of teeth.
- Repair decayed, broken, cracked or chipped teeth.
- Replace missing teeth.
- Replace old, unattractive dental treatments.
Cosmetic dentistry, though increasingly popular and encompassing many common dental services, is not an officially (ADA) recognized dental specialty area.